Friday, May 28, 2010

One more week

Am I ready for competition #3? NO! I've not been thinking about it directly because I don't want to wig out. It is a week away. I have the time, place and who I'm skating against. I have most of my costume done (see previous post); I just need to add the skirt and bling: NBD. So why am I mildly panicking? I was off the ice sick for two weeks; my coach was in the middle of rearranging my sit spin and back crossrolls just before I got ill; I am still doing neither the way she wants; I fall at least once a session on the crossrolls; my coach is now down with pneumonia; I can no longer skate during lunch and the practice ice is getting wicked crowded. I will have to cram most of my practice into this weekend. Next weekend I'll have to drive an hour to get some ice time the day before I compete with not much in between. I'll be lucky if I even manage to get on the ice Tuesday night for my lesson. Last year so many people showed up for practice that they closed the session and I was even early for it and couldn't get on!

I'm trying not to think about it. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment